Tuesday, July 2, 2013

ice cream social


 
dress- vintage
sandals- Urban Outfitters
 
well, that first photo pretty much sums it up. I've been wanting to return to outfit photos for a very long time now, but my pride and keen sense of embarrassment kept getting in the way. taking photos of yourself seems excruciatingly vain, but it is actually quite humbling to realize the big difference between how you think you look and how you actually look when photographed. anyway, I'm trying to be far less self-conscious and just DO THIS THING. my wardrobe has recently been subjected to a massive purge and it's kind of interesting(to me, at least) to see what has passed the test and remains in my closet(for now!). this dress is very girlish, summery, and sweet. I feel like I should be going to an ice cream social! (do those still exist? they should).
but since my life really does not revolve around clothes by any stretch of the imagination, I'm going to keep sharing photos of everyday things I think are worth noticing. at the very least it will be a great scrapbook for me to look back on in years to come.
here's to better skills at self-portraits. cheers!

my first fondant cake! wish fondant tasted as wonderful as it looks.
 
sneaky molly cat
 
sweet Dolly! feeling much better now that her heartworm treatment is nearly over.


No comments:

Post a Comment